Market Talk with Piranha is currently moving to its new home at chrisperruna.com. The new site is up and running but many of the posts need editing as the images and stock charts did not transfer successfully (thanks blogger). I will post all new entries to both blogs – Thank you for your patience while I make this change!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Never Forget

Born and raised in NY, I will never forget!



On September 4, 2001, I slipped a quarter into a machine atop the observation deck of the Liberty Science Center and zoomed into the beautiful buildings across the river. I was spending an extended Labor Day weekend with my future wife as we decided to go to the museum in New Jersey. We took pictures and viewed the two massive towers and Statue of Liberty on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon; exactly one week prior to the tragic events of 9-11-2001.

Little did I know that I would stand in horror watching those towers burn and fall exactly one week later from my office parking lot north of Manhattan in Westchester county (just up the Hudson River, the same Hudson River that separated me from the towers seven days earlier).

I was working for a historic preservation architectural firm at the time and we decided that we needed to contribute to the possible rebuilding of the site. We entered as one of the thousands of members into the World Trade Center Site Memorial Competition. You are welcomed to view our submission through this link or by searching for #790898 on the official site.



I am proud to be a “New Yorker” at heart even though I currently reside in New Jersey and I will never forget because so many heroes died and were born at the same time that day.

Chris Perruna

4 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Harold A said...

HEY i hope i won´t be importune but i sincerely think your words are full off comitment with your people and toughts and i feel terrible not just about the heroes but every single person that passed away that day.
Escuseme i know you dont know me but i find this as the important thing it represented in your words in this lines. bye

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May GOD bless all the families who suffered so much

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEVER FORGET

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Post. It brought tears to my eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home