Market Talk with Piranha is currently moving to its new home at chrisperruna.com. The new site is up and running but many of the posts need editing as the images and stock charts did not transfer successfully (thanks blogger). I will post all new entries to both blogs – Thank you for your patience while I make this change!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Super Speculation – Yes – Tips are for Suckers:

Many of you may have heard of Calpine and how they went into bankruptcy and how they are selling various parts of their business. I was recently having a conversation with someone in the industry (hedge fund) and they mentioned how several traders are going long Calpine (CPNLQ) on pure speculation based on rumors that the company may restructure and move forward. I don’t know if it is true but I took a look at the chart after his request and see that the stock is up several hundred percent on very heavy volume since late October but is extremely extended above the major moving averages for the first time in years. It closed at $0.91 on Tuesday (down from the $1.23 peak) as some people believe it is worth $6 per share.

I have no idea if this is true and I have always been taught that TIPS ARE FOR SUCKERS so please beware if you decide to speculate with extreme risk. I take this information as a tip even though my friend is a childhood buddy but I am curious to watch what will happen.



Again – this is by no means a recommendation to buy and major losses could occur if you were to speculate in this stock (I must make these statements to protect the legal aspect of my words). None of the stocks on this blog are buy or sell recommendations; just equity research based on specific criteria as noted in my disclaimers!

I prefer to buy stocks making new highs and I am not a bottom fisher. The only reason I even present this stock is because a very good friend of mine asked me to look at the chart and I thought I would share since I did the analysis.

Disclosure: I do not own any shares in Calpine (CPNLQ)!

-Chris

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Anamika said...

http://bazaarlive.info/ is a complete solution for your Equity and Derivative related needs. Indian Stock Market Tips are provided with great accuracy. We in association with AG Securities India provide smart trading calls during the market hours directly to your mobile phone through SMS, so that you don't need to worry about the market fluctuations because we will do it for you. we track all of them and bring to you. So you don't need to watch the television continuously during the market hours...
We also offer Free Discussion Forum on Indian Share Market .

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Nifty Future Tips said...

Very informative post...thanks a ton

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

speculators always makes life difficult for a common investor. their rumors result into making these unaware common investor fool. they just lose because they listen to rumors than the fundamentals.

 
At 1:50 AM, Anonymous stock tips said...

Very good post, I was really searching for this topic, as I wanted this topic to understand completely and it is also
very rare in internet, that is why it was very difficult to understand.
Thank you for sharing this.
regards:
Stock Tips

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous trade4target.com said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definately be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation

and bring a bit more to the table,but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment.
Thank You
trade4target.com

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous stock tips,commodity,nifty tips said...

I am getting stock tips,commodity,nifty tips from TIPS.BIZ and getting nice profit from.

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous stock trading tips said...

This blog is very appropriate and useful and i really appreciate your time and effort which u have spent to write the valuable blog. I would like to thank you for sharing.

Regards,
GUGU
stock trading tips

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger vishal said...

Thanks so much for this! I haven't been this moved by a blog for a long time! You’ve got it, whatever that means in blogging. Anyway, You are definitely someone that has something to say that people need to hear. Keep up the good work. Keep on inspiring the people!

free stock tips,nifty tips,commodity tips

 
At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Stock Tips said...

It is in point of fact a great and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Multibagger stocks said...

There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Its really very nice and fantastic post thanks for sharing this with us.

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Rajsh Togadiya said...

Hi, I am a intraday tips provider and I like to read and write article or blogs, mainly I read all blogs, it is my habit to collect information where ever I can, it will never waste ,today I caught your blog and it is written nicely with good content.....I appreciate it....
equity tips||mcx tips provider

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger John Wick said...

if you want to become a successful trader you can visit our forex tutorial videos
and become a successful trader in shoer time .Any type of topics about forex are described breifly in our tutorials.




 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger kanchana said...

Truely a very good article on how to handle the future technology. After reading your post,thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel happy about and I love learning more about this topic. keep sharing your information regularly for my future reference. This content creates a new hope and inspiration with in me. Thanks for sharing article like this. The way you have stated everything above is quite awesome. Keep blogging like this. Thanks.
PHP training in chennai

 
At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Nifty Futures Tips said...

Great information i found on this blog, i really appreciate with your efforts to make this post!!!1

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger aditi said...

I really appreciate the work presented here. Market players can win and earn exceptionally good in the market by using market analysts stock tips.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is great, you are good, i like your post and i still waiting our next post!
Ngentot anal abg cantik toket montok

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger sohail said...

You have shared a very nice Piranha Box

 

Post a Comment

<< Home