Market Talk with Piranha is currently moving to its new home at chrisperruna.com. The new site is up and running but many of the posts need editing as the images and stock charts did not transfer successfully (thanks blogger). I will post all new entries to both blogs – Thank you for your patience while I make this change!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Is BOT the Next CME? - March 1, 2006

I wrote a blog post one week ago today reviewing the CBOT case study I did back in March 2006 which was originally titled:

Is BOT the next CME

After today, BOT is now part of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Holdings Inc. (CME)!

The world's biggest financial exchange announced on Tuesday it would acquire rival CBOT Holdings, Inc. (BOT) for more than $8 billion in a deal that would combine the two largest U.S. futures exchanges.

It’s funny and ironic that I also just posted up a thread on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 titled: Exchange Stocks: ISE w/ ICE & BOT

When your hot, your HOT!

Piranha

p.s. - This could be a great story over at WallStrip - What do you think guys and gals?

3 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Sadly, we can't get a video done that quickly on the merger. BOT was on the schedule for 2 weeks out. MAybe you'll see something on it Friday in the "conversation" part of WallStrip...

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Chris Perruna said...

Thanks for the response guys. I was joking a bit about getting something up so quickly. Howard and Mike, buying new highs has been my specialty for years – give me a shout and I will always be prepared to write about a specific stock and/or topic.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Chris Perruna said...

Everyone is free to search the archives over at MSW to see my history with stocks making new highs. Two years of data can be found there with hundreds of daily and weekly screens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home